A festive Halloween for all
We think that the festive feeling of the Halloween season is the best part, besides the candy, of course, and you can create that feeling with simple activities at home. We’ve gathered a few ideas and local events for everyone. Maybe they’ll even lead to new family traditions!
Halloween at Home
- If you are carving pumpkins, why not try this skills-building multi-sensory seed exploration too? All you need is a pumpkin and some curiosity.
- Wear those costumes; no need to save them for traditional trick-or-treating hours. Get dressed up and have a dance party with this not-too-scary playlist.
- Take a walk under the full moon on October 28th.
- Make these yummy 3-ingredient, ghost strawberries.
- Gather ingredients: rinsed and dried strawberries, white chocolate chips, and mini chocolate chips.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in slow increments.
- Dip the room temperature strawberries in the melted chocolate by holding onto the stem.
- Add the chocolate chips while the white chocolate is still warm. Then, allow strawberries to chill in the refrigerator until hardened.
- For for the pumpkin fans, view the recipe roundup for all things pumpkin. We can’t wait to try our hand at the pumpkin muffins, frozen treats and even hummus.
In The Community
- Everyone is welcome to Dignity Health’s Trunk or Treat on Friday, October 27th, from 5 -7 pm at Community Hospital of San Bernardino.
- The 2nd Annual Child Support Services Trunk or Treat on October 28th with special treats and kids activities. Happening in 2 locations: 10417 Mountain View Ave., Loma Linda nd 15400 Civic Dr., Victorville.
- The City of Victorville is hosting their Hallow-Boo Drive Thru on October 28th from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at City Hall!
- Rialto Parks and Recreation presents their Halloween Hi-Jinks on Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 at 5:30pm-9:30pm at the Rialto Civic Center on Willow Ave. There will be candy, games, giveaways, food, & vendors!
We wish you a very happy and safe Halloween!