High Quality, County-Wide
Enrollment is now open for Quality Start San Bernardino County (QSSB) for the 2022/2023 program year! QSSB is a countywide Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) built to support the high quality efforts of those providing care, education, and school readiness programs for children ages zero to five.
Early childhood educators understand why high quality early learning matters and are committed to making sure that the children in their programs have the best early learning experiences possible. To underscore this commitment, QSSB partners with educators and offers the following no cost services and supports:
- Professional development trainings through the California Workforce Registry
- Instructional support and mentorship from a QSSB coach
- A customized quality improvement plan based on the needs or goals of the program
- Access to community and peer support network
Trainings, coaching, and improvement plans are based on the state-wide standards of what quality means and looks like in three key areas, child development, teachers and teaching, and program and environment. Additionally, some enrolled sites, like state preschools, also receive a quality rating according to the Quality Counts CA Rating Matrix . You may learn more about quality ratings here!
High Quality in All Early Learning Programs
We know young children attend different types of care and education environments according to family needs and preferences, that is why QSSB engages various program types for free. We welcome participants from the following programs:
- Private centers
- Family child cares
- State preschools
- Transitional kindergarten
- Family, friend, or neighbors providing care
- Community based programs like family resource centers, home-visiting programs, libraries, and more
High Quality for Kids
By enrolling more programs in QSSB, more children have access to the care and education proven to better prepare them for school and future success. Research shows children in such environments have better critical thinking skills, cooperate, and engage better with others, do better in reading and math, and more likely to attend a four-year college.
Partner With Us Today
Interested early learning programs, please fill out this form for more information on how to apply.
You may also click the appropriate fact sheet below for even more on the benefits of joining QSSB or click here to watch the 2022 Zoom Orientation Meeting for an in-depth explanation of what it means to be a part of QSSB. (Video is best for all non-state preschools including FCCs, private centers and license exempt-programs like family, friend, and neighbor providers, home visiting, and community based groups.)
- Licensed programs
- Programas con licencia
- Alternative/license-exempt programs like family, friend, and neighbors
- Programas alternativos/exentos de licencia como familia, amigos y vecinos
- Transitional kindergarten
Apply for QSSB today and discover support, professional development, and community.